Friday, June 6, 2014

My First Post

I started this blog several years ago and never made it an actual priority.  Things have changed quite a bit in my life and now I want to actually "start" it again.  I want to share the things I'm making, doing, growing, etc.  I hope you stop by often.  

This is my herb garden that I planted Memorial Weekend.  From left to right: 

  • sweet basil and globe basil
  • peppermint and spearmint
  • rosemary
  • sage
  • non-edible container including coleus, sweet potato vine, asparagus fern and fiber optic grass
I split up the globe basil from 1 large clump and the mint wasn't happy before I planted it, but I figured I should just plant it and see.

Skip ahead to Week 2.  The sweet basil is going crazy!  2 of the 4 globe basil plants are no longer with us.  It must have grown 3 inches.  Both mints are actually coming back to life.  I'm really happy with the non-edibles too.

Next post I will share some photos of the rest of my garden.  I have tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, pumpkins and about 100 sunflower seeds planted!  I'm really excited about the whole thing. 

No comments: